Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Focus ZX3 2.3L (FS Stage 2 Turbo)

What parts are needed to get the job done?

Here's what I'm getting: Exedy Stage 1 clutch/ lightweight flywheel, Motorcraft MTX fluid (3 qt), Quaife Differential..

Do I need "ARP Bolts" for the flywheel? and a "Ford Clutch Slave Cylinder with Release Bearing for Focus Duratec/Zetec?"

Any help would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
not really sure what u need cause i am in the same boat as u plus i am stuck right now by trying to take out the transmission with these 2 cables behind it, i have no idea how to take them of, but what i got i just went to O'reileys and got a clutch from them

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
the slave cylinder should come with the clutch kit, ask the people you bought it from.

for the quaife you will need a new VSS gear and new differential bearings. You might also need a shim, definitely check the preload when you install it.

always always use new flywheel bolts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
not really sure what u need cause i am in the same boat as u plus i am stuck right now by trying to take out the transmission with these 2 cables behind it, i have no idea how to take them of, but what i got i just went to O'reileys and got a clutch from them

How much was the clutch from o'reley"s? My 2003 zx3, 2.0 zeetec 5 speed is still fine, but soft pedal and what seems no play for the past year and a half (40,000 miles like this); 111,000 since I bought it new. Stills works, no slip-- must just be the way it is?

From CarQuest to AutoZone to Advanced to Ford; I haven't found anyone under 285; most are 400 to over 500 just for the parts! I'm used to getting clutch kits for 85 bucks or so....

·
Registered
104 Posts
I dont think this kit comes with slave cylinder but yes thats all you need but yes the ford slave cylinder will work. Also yes get the ARP Bolt kit more durable and better to use with new flywheel but the stock ones will work too. But if your going all out get the bolts for alittle more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts