Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay just bought some new silverstars and havent really had time to put them in or even look on how i need to do this. so if someone could tell me how that would be nice. from when i have looked it seems that i have to take out the whole light to do this or is there an easier way. well help me out thanks.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
on my 06 which I just installed HID's on, you take the rubber "cork" off the back of the headlights, reach inside and turn the retainer clip counterclockwise and pull out. Then you can pull the bulb out. Unplug the bulb, replace with the new bulb, plug in, making sure to remember to reattach the retainer clip to it and twist clockwise. Then push the rubber cork plug thing back in place. Don't be afraid to use force on the rubber thing, easiest way to make it seal is to jam it in there. Refer to your owners manual for directions as well. This is assuming your lights are the same as mine by the way.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i think they are because i have the rubber cork on the back but i didnt know how to pull it out and i didnt want to break it. i have an 02 but i will have to check.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
pull off the cork, there is a retaining pin inside, slightly push the pin in, and move it to the right or left, i cant remember... then the bubl just pulls out... before you put the silverstars in, check out this company, their more expensice, but the lights look better than silverstars: www.euroeffects.net

the great thing about them, is that if a blub burns out, you send them the bubl, just in a reguar envelope, they replace it for free, and all you pay is 6.95 for shipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts