Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just bought new brake pads, drilled rotors and stainless steel braided front brake lines I'm just wondering if there's a step by step on here to change those 3 things out or if someone could give me a step by step on this thread. Thanks

·
So mote be it
8,804 Posts
If just doing the fronts, its super easy. Pretty much the same as most cars out there these days, any general how to you see on youtube is 90% the same. Here's an old basic how to:
Replacing front disc brake rotors and pads - Focus Hacks

Pretty much just remove bolts holding on caliper and caliper bracket. No special tool needed to compress the pistons on the front, C clamp works great. Then just remove old parts and install new, reverse.

The rears, i would suggest renting a brake compressor tool (you need to apply pressure and rotate at the same time, its a pita with plyers or non-specialized tool.)

·
Registered
75 Posts
The fronts are pretty straight forward. Just don't c clamp the rears like I did. I didn't know they were meant to be twisted back in so in doing so I'm pretty sure I damaged the calipers. They still work but not very well and the e brake barely holds the car now

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks just discovered some idiot put red locktite on the caliper bracket bolts so now I have a stripped bolt that sockets can't get on and a axle boot with a hole from trying to heat up the bolt something always had to go wrong...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts