Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possable to interchange the cams and such from a SVT and put them onto a normal Zetec. Like you can do with the honda non Vtec blocks? I know you would also have to change to computer, but would it be a simple "bolt over" if you will.

·
Registered
845 Posts
haha..."simple bolt over"...??
I don't know, but more than likely not without changing out other parts. People have been discussing swapping other parts and they weren't compatible. You should just tune with the Zetec parts IMO. You'll be happy, and with the right parts, could beat a stock SVT (or mildly modded) hands down.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what I was figuring, oh well. Thats the one nice thing about hondas, they made it easy to go from a normal engine to a ztec in most cases on most blocks. And thats about the only nice think I can say about them though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh, one more thing, how easy is it to go from a auto to a manual?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
yeh just build up the ZETEC in the focus, a built ZETEC would kik the SVT tuned ZETECs ass if you do it right

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
built how? are we talking rice like with just an intake and exhaust or like with a SC or turbo. I know that jackson racing was the only ones that Ive seen with a supercharger. I planned on going with the Bell engineering Turbo that they make, but those plans are for next summer, so Im still looking and researching. One other question about switching stuff. will the rear disc brakes from the SVT switch over? or maybe a more pheasable aftermarket kit? I just got this car three weeks ago wensday, so Ive only begun looking for stuff. And the piston engine is new to me, as for the past few years Ive been driving and learning 1st gen RX-7s and the rotary engine.

Thanks
Adam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts