Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

The break booster vacuum line that runs from the brake booster to the intake manifold needs replacing. My question is how does the break booster line attach to the intake manifold? I need some type of connector to attach the line to the intake manifold and the part Ford sold me doesn't seem to work. Below is a picture of the connector/vacuum line. The part number for the connector/adaptor is YS4Z-9A475-AA.

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab270/nscheribel/IMG_20110708_150700.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't need the connector. All you need is the vacuum line and it just kinda clicks in and stays secured by itself. I returned the connector piece Ford sold me.

·
Registered
17,167 Posts
Any piece of broken off tubing must be fished out while pushing in on the connector top ring to loosen its' bite on the tube. They are quick release, you simply push tube in, and push top ring to loosen and pull tube out. Any extra effort just bolluxes the connector up. Force is the last thing you want to do there, will cost you damage every time. Yanking on tube simply digs in teeth harder to never clear to release tube. I used to work on equipment that had a hundred of these on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts