Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search, but I couldn't find any threads that dealt with this exactly.

I want to replace the factory sub that comes with the Audiophile system, but I don't want to replace anything else. I just want to take the factory sub out, and put a new one in.

What are the best subs to look at?

·
Registered
105 Posts
There are several 8" sub options that you can go with. Look around on crutchfield for something that has similar dimensions (just measure the stock enclosure to find out). Polk makes an 8" sub. I used to have one of their 12" momo's class subs and it sounded great. But, I've heard that aftermarket subs hooked up to the factory amp can sound crappy due to the newer subs higher power tolerances.
http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/products/subs/products/mm2084/

·
Registered
433 Posts
I would suggest that you get a lower end subwoofer. Anything middle of the road and up will require way too much power and would not sound good in the factory box with the factory amp. I would get a the low end kicker as they sound decent and are designed to take fewer watts.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I slapped a JL Audio 8W0 in mine. I had to make an mdf ring because the sub was a little too deep, but it works perfectly and sounds a lot better.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have two 8 w0 JL subs for sale. I had them in a box and like how they sounded, but I'm a kid and I "needed" more bass, so I now have a ten. Victory is Mine says they sound good so PM me if your interested in those.

One will fit in a stock box if you make a spacer because the sub is just a little too deep. They take 100w rms and 300w peak. They are in good condition so let me know if you want pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts