·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^I understand that, was just asking in general...are the replacement LED bulbs safe/will they work?

·
Registered
218 Posts
^^^I understand that, was just asking in general...are the replacement LED bulbs safe/will they work?
They are safe. They typically draw less current and a good quality bulb may be as bright as an incandescent. In my experience LED bulbs look bright, but just don't put out the light incandescent bulbs do.

That said, I do plan on installing a set of Phillips LED daytime running lights later on.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So basically what I am hearing is that the LEDs aren't as bright as my standard halogens...then why use them?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
There are TONS of cheap H11 LED bulbs on eBay that will drop right in to factory headlights. I don't know which ones to get exactly, but I'm sure the more lumens and higher price ones would be best for headlight replacement... but I also know that you don't need a conversion kit either, you just need to use a $9 OBD-II cable and FoCCCus software to change your headlight option to "alternative HID".

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see FOG light part... if you have the factory fog lights then I'm not sure if it will throw an error if you use the much lower wattage LED's or not... Since I have an aftermarket fog lights bypassing the factory wiring I should be able to use LED's no problem.. I'll shut up now... :)

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
LED bulbs do look cool. But I would stay with standard bulbs, they have better light output. If you do a lot of night driving go with a silverstar or a hella bulb. But if you are going for looks the LED bulb is pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Right on... only draw 9.3 actual watts, I wonder if they'll be bright enough for low beams? 2400 lumens does sound good and is about the same as a good 55w halogen I think.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Couple of months ago I replaced my haggard stock fog lights with these inexpensive amazon lights and have been pleasantly surprised at how well they work. The factory fogs never impressed me and they are more of a "driving light" than an actual fog light but these have a sharp cutoff and are bright enough to do the job without being obnoxious.

Worth a look, I think.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07524WCGC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ended up using some Phillip's ones from Amazon. Plug and play. Not realy much brighter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts