Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a focus svt euro package with audiophile head unit. does anybody know of a head unit that will fit well and sound goood. id like to keep my steering wheel controls too. i was thinking about double din but im not sure if thats gonna fit. ??????

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Your model has a 1.8 din. If you go for a double din you will have to cut the opening bigger. It has been done, but in my opinion if you don't fiberglass or bondo it looks like crap. And single din will work, you will just have a little spot under or above the stereo for cd's or what not. I would reccomend going to crutchfield.com and looking around. They are a great place to start. You can chat with a live person and ask all the questions you want.

O ya and welcome[welcome]

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Your model has a 1.8 din. If you go for a double din you will have to cut the opening bigger. It has been done, but in my opinion if you don't fiberglass or bondo it looks like crap. And single din will work, you will just have a little spot under or above the stereo for cd's or what not. I would reccomend going to crutchfield.com and looking around. They are a great place to start. You can chat with a live person and ask all the questions you want.

O ya and welcome[welcome]
wrong. why does everyone say this? this couldnt be farther from the truth. i put my kenwood ddx7015 double din in my car without cutting A THING. it fits PERFECTLY in the dash with no cutting.

http://a967.ac-images.myspace
cdn.com/images01/84/l_922d82f7c781cf70e064c5d3a0b169d6.jpg

all these were taken RIGHT AFTER i installed it. there wasnt even a trim ring installed around it yet. im building a trim ring to go around it out if a black sheet of abs plastic and then it will look factory with no gaps at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts