Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone lost the faceplate off the stock single CD head unit before? Any ideas on the price of a replacement? I understand that the whole idea of the detachable faceplate is that it costs alot to get a new one, therefore I was just trying to work out whether it was worthwhile just to get a new aftermarket headunit instead. Also, is the faceplate specific to each headunit or just to the focus headunits in general - ie. can I use a faceplate from a radio/cassette headunit on my radio/single CD headunit? FYI, I have a 2001 focus

Thanks!

VK

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
check ebay maybe? but there are no guarentees that a radio one would work with it and you'd probably have to buy the whole radio but maybe you could find a broke one, possibly you could go to the junkyard and find one and test it? maybe someone else could answer the question of what will work better than i can, if you wanted to go aftermarket and get somertihng really basic with a single cd you can get everything you need for about $130 shipped if you do the installation yourself, which isn't that hard at all.

- Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts