Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a company anyone knows of that sells a replacement for the main display? mine is cracked and I cant read anything on it....radio works find and if i can replace it cheaper than buying a used stock (dont want aftermarket) I would rather go that route.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
never heard of one, but perhaps post up in the WTB section if someone has a broken radio (with a good display) that they would give you for the cost of shipping.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Yeah, honestly your best bet is to just go aftermarket, the SVTs stock head units aren't worth their weight in manure. You can get a decent aftermarket unit for ~$100, another $60 if you want to keep your steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
157 Posts
You can go to your local Ford Dealer & ask them if they can replace ur OEM head unit for a refurbished one from the company Ford uses called LKQ. I just bought my 2002 SVTF and the OEM stereo didn't work properly. My fathers been a Service Manager for Ford & it cost me $200 without his discount. I figured much easier than an aftermarket & hacking the wiring. Good luck...

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
So how much electrical repair experience do you have?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts