Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the site and new to owning a Focus,actually owning any Ford as a matter of fact. I just purchased a blue 07' SE with 29,000 miles with the Sport Appearance Package. My first modification I want to get into is replacing those dull fog light and head light bulbs with some amber halogens for the fogs and some whiter and brighter headlight bulbs,possibly bluish tint as well,no money for HID's! Anyone have any clue what some good amber color bulbs would be? Brand and price?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I would go for some silverstars if you want bright white light. They offer AMAZING light output compared to the stockers. Also, for the fogs i would go with some nokya yellows. i got mine from ebay for 15 including shipping and love them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at the Nokyas today actually. It seems like their wattage is too high though. I dont want to melt the harness/wiring. Got a link to a product description for the Nokyas?

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
the Nokya's will melt your junk. i have yellow ones in my fogs and it has burned the LaminX. i cant really tell if the reflector part is melting or not. dude i know has Nokya Arctics in his focus. he ran around in the daytime with the highbeams [?|] on and it melted the back part of the housings. it too melted bits of where the bulb connected to the harness.

im sure the burning of the LaminX is cuz of the the foglight housings being so small. i am getting my InPros soon, so i too are looking for some bright lighting.

im going to contact ddmtuning.com to ask if the InPro bulbs (H7) are available in HID w/ the sheild to prevent glare.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Possibly the Silver Star Ultras wouldn't be bad for a nice looking Halogen. A little pricey though...Any other thoughts for some good halogens?

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
i have silverstar ultras in my headlights and love them.... i still havent done my fogs cuz im lazy, but the headlights look great and the light throw is awesome... i drive a lot of back country roads by my parents place and it lights the road and ditch line very well

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whats the wattage on your Nokyas? You said you had them in your fogs? I'd love to have the amber fogs but just by only replacing the bulbs..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts