Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I replaced the clutch master cylinder on my 2003 SVT focus over the weekend and now my pedal does not contact my cluch saftey switch enough to close the circuit and allow it to start. it is pretty close, but for now i have a little spacer in there to make up the difference. I dont see any adjustments that i can make, and i did not change out the saftey switch, so im kind of confused how i am not making contact witht the switch. any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I don't remember exactly, but it might be a ratcheting plunger switch, I know some of the other pedal switches are. You could have inadvertently pushed it in another notch and it would no longer work in that case if the plunger part no longer extends far enough to contact the pedal arm. I did that with the brake deactivation switch when I changed mine a year ago, I had the switches out to get the pedal assembly loose and must have thought "Oh, that's interesting" and pushed the switch all the way in like a [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] without really knowing how it worked. I don't know, either rig up a more permanent spacer there to make up the difference or install a new switch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts