Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Sure, but you would have been better off going the SVT route in the first place by looking at what you paid for just front struts. Now you still need bearings and tops etc.

It's all direct bolt-on and a better ride
Quick struts come with brand new mounts/bearings it's a Ford part that apparently is defective.
I should have just bought replacement strut cartridges for half the price, and reused the old parts and been done with it.

I have a Fiesta ST this is just get me to work and back car.

Right now I'm not replacing anything I'm just going to live with it. Out of my three cars this one is the least important to me.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Time for an update.
Strut bearings have gotten worse constant popping. I went through the warranty process and I had to buy new ones out of pocket once I install them I will put the old ones in the box and ship them back. They will refund me the money once they receive the old struts. The only thing I have to pay for in the long run is the return shipping, but it's at their shipping rate which is much cheaper.
Hopefully they will last more than three months why is it so hard for companies to get the strut mount right?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Okay hopefully this will be the final update.
So I got the new struts replaced motorcraft has a 2 year warranty. It was a little bit of a process it was $7 to print out a return label from RockAuto FedEx I dropped them off at a FedEx drop site which is apparently Walgreens now. Anyway the FedEx driver didn't pick up the package it was a hassle dealing with FedEx several phone calls to make sure the packag got picked up. After it actually got picked up their ended up being a couple delays as well I don't know FedEx sucks. Once RockAuto got it they refunded my money in about 3 days.

The new struts seem to be working fine I also replaced my sway bar end links again the cheaper ones ended up being better than the more expensive ones. The front end is now quiet again hopefully this car does not continue to be a curse. Example of it being a curse I touched the passenger side sun visor and it snapped that was $49 to replace if you include shipping.

I would highly suggest keeping all of your original packaging from RockAuto for at least a month to make sure a part works they want the original packaging for returns.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
Great you got it figured out & debt with, even thou it was a hassell......I would have figured a Motorcraft product would be a great replacement, but not always the case. Such as a pcv hose, I went w/ the Dorman over the Ford one. I also found yrs ago, the oem exhaust manifold gasket was a lot better & different then the Ford replacement, so I ended up using the oem one, when I installed a Fwerks header.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts