Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm replacing my stock 8" with an aftermarket it's still in great shape I'd be willing to sell it to you... do you need the amp also?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
You can replace it with a JL Audio 8W1. But, a 10W1 V2 would be alot better, i have done both.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
LeeBkr311 said:
I'm replacing my stock 8" with an aftermarket it's still in great shape I'd be willing to sell it to you... do you need the amp also?
no i need just a sub,

b16sir1991, the 8w1, is an easy insstall, like just drop it in, i dont want to mod anything...

·
Registered
85 Posts
To go to a ten you would have to mod the box. If you just want a OEM speaker to replace your blown one I can hook you up though.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont want a ten, like i said i dont want to mod, ive blown two stock subs, i thinkin i need somethin a little better....BTW...how much...curious

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Like i stated earlier, a JL Audio 8w0 will work well. You shouldnt blow that one.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I used the stock one, plenty powerful for that, but went with a seperate amp for the 10"

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
How did you plug the hole in the back (bolt that goes into magnent)?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
butyle tape

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
^^^ I just used blue RTV Silicone to seal mine, works great. LOL

BTW, if you ever decide to go to a 10" and you have a dremmel and a jig saw, it is not hard to mod the box at all if you have some mechanical aptitude.

Like b16sir1991, I used medium density fiber board (5/8" think IIRC) for the spacer and filler blocks and used a heat gun on the back of the enclosure to soften it and mold it to fit the ten. I actually enjoyed the project and couldn't be happier with the results. Just my 2 peso's.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Maybe i should have said ^^^that^^^ jaykirs, i remember no one knew what i was talking about, lol

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a rf 1200 watt amp....pushin through the stock sub, thast why i blew two...ok i blew em cause i had the bass up WAY TOO HIGH...i love the knob they give you..anyway...was it a jl 8w0 or a jl 8w1??

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Sharpening_Beneath said:
I have a rf 1200 watt amp....pushin through the stock sub, thast why i blew two...ok i blew em cause i had the bass up WAY TOO HIGH...i love the knob they give you..anyway...was it a jl 8w0 or a jl 8w1??
LOL Damn man, no wonder those poor stock subs blew! LOL I bet they were smoking after a good jam session! I'm surpried the cone and voice coil didn't come flying out of the speaker frame LMAO

With that amp, maybe you would be better off modding the box and putting a good 10" sub in it, it's not very hard to do and can be done in an afternoon taking your time.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
^^^ Well, I would just get the JL Audio sub b16sir1991 suggested and turn the gain on the amp down a bit. That sub will fit just fine with no modding.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts