Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 195,000 miles on my ZX3. The front hood and bumper cover need to be repainted. The hood should be perfect when done however I noticed a lot of small pit marks in the front bumper cover. Will paint be able to fill these or should I just get a new one?

Wish I could find one at a MI junkyard and just swap it...not luck yet[:(]

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen them. But when I add shipping and painting its about 200$. I can get my current repainted for 100-125$.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Repainted for $100?

Wow... I was charged $200 for painting on mine, and they did a fantastic job. I was under the impression that the paint alone was around $100 for the bumper.

I had a crack repaired when I had my SVT bumper painted and it looks perfect. A good body shop should be able to repair those pits, but of course it will cost you. You can always try to fill them yourself. 3M makes urethane weld and filler materials for urethane.

Be aware that unless the body shop color matches the bumper and hood, they will be a slightly different color than your car. I have 100k miles on my focus, and my bumper was just painted a few months ago. In direct sunlight you can see that the fender and bumper are slightly different colors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts