Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got kinda bored the last few days so i decided to paint a bunch of stuff i hope you like

BEFORE:

AFTER:

engine stuff:

HELP ME CLEAN MY ENGINE!!!!!!!!

My new headliner from ZX3_2NV

Painted my pillers black

And a shot of the front lights

Hope you guys enjoy please help me clean my engine bay and make it purdy

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
nice dude, the repainted stuff looks WAY better. For your bay, you should paint your valve cover and get the blue steeda intake. My friend has it and it makes his bay look SOOOO much better

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice dude, the repainted stuff looks WAY better. For your bay, you should paint your valve cover and get the blue steeda intake. My friend has it and it makes his bay look SOOOO much better

im already getting a polished AEM CAI its on order should be here next thursday

im getting taylor plugs too in blue dont you think the valve cover and wires would clash if there both blue

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Im about to get your Headlights in the Mall... Sweet... But Im not hooking up the LEDs...

I love the Roof.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
forget upgrades under the hood just CLEAN it.... on man that just blew me away how filthy it is... the rest of the car looks good but still...

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Definitely looks good, except the engine bay of course, and thats nothing a few cleanup supplies and a small hurricane couldn't fix.

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
forget upgrades under the hood just CLEAN it.... on man that just blew me away how filthy it is... the rest of the car looks good but still...
LMFAO ...well what do you guys recommend i use to clean it...when i bought it was worse acuallyi used gunk on it but made my car REAK of oil and grease just awful smell.......give me any ideas i dont care what to make it look nice and clean specially cause i wanna enter shows with it

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i can just put a hose in there i dont have to cover anything????

·
Fist Pumpin' Champ
2,891 Posts
very subtle. i like it!!!

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^ thank you very much

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
you can...get everything wet and then spray the whole thing down with degreaser( Castrol Super Clean or Purple Power...Walmart) It says to mix it with water but dont, spray it as is but dont get it on your skin, it will peel off. Let it sit for 5 minutes and then start the engine. With the engine running spray out your engine bay. Everything could get wet but avoid direct spraying of the alternator, wiring, etc.

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you can...get everything wet and then spray the whole thing down with degreaser( Castrol Super Clean or Purple Power...Walmart) It says to mix it with water but dont, spray it as is but dont get it on your skin, it will peel off. Let it sit for 5 minutes and then start the engine. With the engine running spray out your engine bay. Everything could get wet but avoid direct spraying of the alternator, wiring, etc.
ok sweet next time i have a day off i'll try to find time to do this

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Love the interior and headlights man. Car is looking great.
OMG I WANT YOUR RIMS!!!!....well i am getting them but i dunno weatehr to get bronze or the hyperblack im so confused [bigcry] [scratch] [mecry]

·
Registered
328 Posts
Monkey if you wanted to clean up your engine bay we could have worked something out for the Ford Racing Valve Cover and the Black Degass Cover (rad resvouir) and you can paint that blue to, let me know maybe I can get them together with the knobs ill be shipping them out 2morrow im glad you like the headliner and it's great you were able to match the fronts. pillars to the already painted rears as for an engine wash i would cover the alternator with a plastic bag just incase u get water to close to it.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
wow looks good :]
what kinds of paint did u all use? i have the same color car and i'd like to do something like this. what did u all buy to do it? what color code of paint, etc..?

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
for all the paints i used duplicolour. the dash pieaces are ford shadow blue.... the engine bay is ford dark blue, and the black was plasic and fabric paint.....then i used an SUV top clear coat for it all to make it nice and hard

1 - 20 of 25 Posts