Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw somewhere someone else attempt this and thought it looked all right. So I tried it and voila it looks pretty good in my opinion. I pried the center piece out with a house knife, it popped out easy enough. Then took some 400 grit wet sand paper and sanded off the silver, sanding it from top to bottom always in the same direction. I then used my wife’s red nail polish and simply slathered it over the numbers to fill them in and then wet sanded off the excess. It was actually quite easy.

Take a look and tell me what you all think.

Attachments

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Looks pretty good. You can paint the whole piece with some clear to make it all shinny if you want. And it will protect it from getting scratched. But you did a good job, it looks good.

·
Registered
759 Posts
looks good, but I'd rather get a new knob, the leather ST knob is nice...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dannybohhy said:
looks good, but I'd rather get a new knob, the leather ST knob is nice...
Anyone have a good pic of the ST knob?

Godzukidan said:
Looks pretty good. You can paint the whole piece with some clear to make it all shinny if you want. And it will protect it from getting scratched. But you did a good job, it looks good.
Thanks man!

·
Registered
759 Posts
looks exaclty the same, just with leather and red stitching

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gumbercules said:
I like it, except theres no other red stuff anwhere in the car.

but seriously,
it looks good, at least as I can tell from photop.
I'm going to make new boots for myself with red stitching, I'll post up a pic of them installed sometime tuesday.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check it out. What do you think? Does it match better with the red stitching or should I just leave the boots done with gray stitching. I really want it to look like a factory job. I didn't make a new e-brake yet because I'm not sure if I like.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts