Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, it's probably more straight-forward than i think, but how do you remove the upper grill on the focus? i want to apply some nite shades to the turn signals, but i obviously want the whole grille off the car while i'm doing it.

Mike

·
Registered
236 Posts
very easy!!

use a 10mm socket, there are four bolts at each corner, two at the top and two at the bottom. Remove those and the grill should come right off. Oh yeah, don't forget to turn the bulb socket out before removing the grill.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
You have to take off the top cover on top of the front grille/hood latch to get to some of the bolts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i did the same thing to mine...it looks really good...leme know how that turns out for you

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just did it yesterday. the car it is going in to the shop in the next couple of days for some fender bender body work. i'm getting a SVT bumper installed, so i was planning on snapping some shots once it's done. i'll be sure to post pics then, but i can tell you right now that it looks awesome!

MIke

·
Registered
793 Posts
man, im going to have to try it also!!!

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do it. it's so cake and changes the whole look of the front end. looks good with almost any color car, IMO.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts