Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the power outlet. is there a clip or are there some bolts to remove. i wanted to take that out, so that i could mount my switch for my neon there.

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
Removing it? Really?!
I wish I had two sockets like the Liberty did. I had to buy one that I use for my cell charger and my radar detector.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
you have to remove the whole bezel and theres a trick to getting it off there i think, been awhile since i had mine off

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok well im sorry to say, but i gave up on the cigarette lighter thing. i made a replacement fuse panel out of plexi-glass and put my switch for my neon there...
thanks for trying to help me[:)]

·
Registered
132 Posts
You know these fuse covers are $9.00 from Ford for the light grey ones! If you have a black interior they are almost $30.00 (for SVT's and few of the Regular Foci)

The SVT's have a second plug by the passenger cup holder... Maybe you could accuire one of these... For a second outlet... jrzx3

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a questions maybe someone can answer, can you get to the back of the power outlet on the dash by removing the panel under the sterring wheel. I want to replace the outlet with a start button. I planned to do this with my Camaro, but I traded it in. I want to remove the outlet there now and replace it. I just need access to get behind it to do ther wiring.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, if you take that piece out, you dcan see the cigarette lighter, but i still dont know how to take it out. i just gave up on that. but if you take the part off by the feet, it gives you easy access to get in there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Still no one has given a good example on how to remove the cig/power outlet from the radio bezel. I have been trying to figure it out and have not been able to do it. I am afraid I might break the thing off. Can anyone give good examples or photos on how to do this? Thanks

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I removed the cig lighter on my '06 in order to paint the bezel. Absolutely no way I could see to remove the thing without breaking it up. It's on there like iron.

I used a big channel lock to squash/break the thing. Fitting a new one in there after the painting was finished was also hard. You may need to buy one from Ford. The after-market ones I found don't fit the OEM opening.

Don't attempt removal unless absolutely necessary.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts