Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive seen quite a bit about removing the lunch box on your exhaust.... but i dont have a clue what it is... ide like to do it as i dont have the money for a new performance exhaust yet??? can any1 enlighten me as to what it is and would i be able to do it myself. cheers.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
there is a thread right below this one called exhaust time it should help

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
The lunchbox is the big box-looking thing at the end of your exhaust right before it comes out the back. Chop it off and have a pipe welded in it's place, and it will be louder; but without the cost of a cat-back.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
but a catback only gives 1-2 hp on a good engine headers and intake are more worth the cost

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help guys, so its just take off the back box and then weld on a pipe? i dont know where i could get a pipe that would work though.

·
Cursed
1,677 Posts
or like i showed pics of in the "exhaust time" thread....just put a tip on the pipe that is left coming out of the muffler. video clip in that thread too. ;)

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
i dnt think that would look good on the hatch because we have the cutout for the tip

·
Cursed
1,677 Posts
hmmm, dunno.

·
Registered
783 Posts
i did it when i had my 01 hatch... go to a shop, have them cut off the resonator (lunchbox) and weld an S-pipe in... then go get urself a nice exhaust tip. Should be no more than $40 for the shop to do the job. And u can get a decent tip pretty cheap.

·
Cursed
1,677 Posts
i got a 3" tip at autozone for $10

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i dont know any garages that would weld the Spipe on:mad: i realy want it done lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts