Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got in my LED bulbs for my dome light but im paranoid that im going to break the dome light housing piece... I remember reading that you stick a flat head screw driver under the part closest to the windshield then just pull it down... but i wanted to make sure before i decide to do anything.

·
FoFo Quebec!
1,486 Posts
Go easy with it and it'll come right off. (y)

·
Registered
875 Posts
That's what you have to do. Sometimes you may need to shimmy the screwdriver in the sides of the light once you pry it out partially. The no-map-light dome light has two more clips on the sides as well.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
just be gentle with it as advised, i used a flathead, just took my time.

dont mean to jack...but i took my dome light out to remove the stock antenna and out on my shorty... and when i put it back, now the dome lights dont work? i know i put the clips back correctly..could i have screwed something up in the process?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
poisonivory said:
just be gentle with it as advised, i used a flathead, just took my time.

dont mean to jack...but i took my dome light out to remove the stock antenna and out on my shorty... and when i put it back, now the dome lights dont work? i know i put the clips back correctly..could i have screwed something up in the process?
Did you check your dome light fuse? It's easy to short them. I did it accidently when I took mine out.

·
Jetsetter
6,656 Posts
i was able to get mine out with just my hands, very easy

btw, when i say hands i mean screwdriver

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have thea cheapy focus, without the sunglasses holder or whatever that thing is. I just shove my fingers up between the headliner and the grey plastic part, then push down on the clear plastic part from above. Pops right out.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok i got the light piece apart... and the light out.. (was a pain getting it out) and now i cant get the new light in.... the clips are making it super hard!

can anyone help explain how to get the new light in?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Black&Tan said:
Did you check your dome light fuse? It's easy to short them. I did it accidently when I took mine out.
and which fuse would that be exactly..lolll i thought maybe i shorted it (didnt realize it was that easy though)..but my manual got lost and i dont know which fuse handles that light.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nevermind!! i got it in! w00t for 9 blue LEDs!!

Is it better to have the 9 LEDs facing down? Or up onto the reflector piece?

Right now i have them facing down...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
wait untill night then switch it and see which you like more I would think down with led

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Nightm4re said:
nevermind!! i got it in! w00t for 9 blue LEDs!!

Is it better to have the 9 LEDs facing down? Or up onto the reflector piece?

Right now i have them facing down...
when I had the 3 LED bulb... they were brightest facing down.

Now with my 12 superflux leds... they all point down... Muahaha...

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love how the blue looks. I have the dark blue on the floors and it blends into the lighter blue from the dome light.

ill take pics a little later

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I put the 9 LED light in but when its on the door open light up thing... the light stays on only very dim(when the doors are closed)..... i dont want that to eat up my battery so i have to turn the dome light off every time i get out.... Any ideas of why it does this?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Mine does it too. I don't know why it does, exactly. However, I've had mine for a month or so now and still had absolutely no problems. It's on constantly. I think it probably uses as much power as the blinking red light on the dash, so I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyone else have that problem? I turn my dome light off all the time cause im afraid of it burning out my battery.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts