Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is kinda a weird one.

I got this nifty free black backpack with blue piping. It kinda matches my interior. I would like to add a little SVT patch to make it my car's "official" backpack.

Only Problem: it says IBM and Rational software on it. How do I remove this?

Here is a picture:

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
Just get a xacto-knnife and cut the stitches along the patch and then go to one of those korean sewing shops, they are the best seamsters in the world just show them a picture of the emblem. Then just step back and wacth the magic begin, it should only take a few minutes.[ohcrap] [thumb]

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I know i used the word "patch", but unfortunately the logos are sewn directly into the backpack. I'm thinking I might have to go from the back, but there's a waterproof layer of plastic I'd have to remove. I'm not sure I want to do that if I don't absolutely have to.

meaning theyre not patches. I don't know the right words for this :(

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Well...

Just put the SVT patch over IBM.
If IBM still shows thru --- Use black iron-on vinyl to cover it, then apply the SVT patch.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heh, I've benn trying that. All its doing is making the letters illegible. Even if I cust the indivdualt threads they stay put! I'm really tempted to cut the waterproof piece on the back. Or join a embroidery forum. To EmbroideryFanatics.com!

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
It's probably because they're supported from the back. Maybe try cutting out a small portion of the waterproofing to see if the threads in that section can be removed.

I mean how much water will your car's dedicated backpack be seing anyway right? And if worse comes to worst and it gets ruined, it was free!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, supported from the back. Thanks for your help LilPZEV.

Now the hard part: finding a good SVT patch (or getting it embroidered)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Decisions, decisions.

There are SVT patches on Ebay, but they're red, so theyre clearly right out.
There is a company that makes floor mats and a hatch mat embroidered with an SVT logo. They offer a number of color choices, so I was thinking I would get them in blue and get the backpack embroidered to match.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts