Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried to remove the standard radio of the focus. Unfortunally I didn't make it. Is there anybody who've got some suggestions or a drawing how to do it?

Thanx, Elrosso

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
first off, welcome to FF. now, to answer your question: you do have the Ford removal tools, right? these are the hoop guys that you stick in the holes on either side of the unit. if you don't have these, you won't get it out. you can buy the at just about any store that sells car audio (even Wal-Mart if i remember right). pop them in the holes on eith side until you hear or feel it click in. then push the hoop ends of the tools away from one another while pulling out at the same time. it might take a couple tries bc the tools like to slip out of the unit, but you'll get it.

Mike

ps- oops! didn't see you location until afterwards! not sure if you guys have wal-mart there, but you should be able to find thse tools very easily. cost about $8 US at the most.

·
Registered
571 Posts
if ya cant find the tools, 2 pieces of wire bent into U shapes does the trick quite nicely.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I've used a cut up metal clothes hanger before (in a '94 Ranger, but still same removal).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts