Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I hit 108 on a closed course.. now how do I remove this "speed governer/fuel cut/rev limiter thing to make it go above and beyond 108??

My friend got his zx3 to 115 on a closed course.

Thanks for replies [:D]

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
A tune will take care of that, although I havent had experience with one (yet)

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Xcal2 tuner $389 new, about $250 used.........

ain't that limiter a BITCH????????

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Speed limiter is done by the computer with input from a sensor. Think about that and you'll figure it out. I don't know how FF will react to full descriptions on how to get around the speed limiter w/o a tuner, so I'm not tellin'.

I do recommend getting a tune over the ^^ option.

·
Registered
950 Posts
FF won't care mate, its a mod thats what we do

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
blanezx3 said:
Speed limiter is done by the computer with input from a sensor. Think about that and you'll figure it out. I don't know how FF will react to full descriptions on how to get around the speed limiter w/o a tuner, so I'm not tellin'.

I do recommend getting a tune over the ^^ option.

Yes do tell b/c I am interested as to how you get past a program set in the ECU without a tune. Don't worry about FF not liking it b/c as stated its a mod same thing as the SCT which every moderator (including my self) has suggested to someone at least once.

But anyway to the OP

a tune by a SCT Tuner will get you a lot more than just a break in the limiter you will get more power, torque, and so many other options its worth every penny.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sweet, any other mods needed to ensure the Focus can get that fast?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts