Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to remove the sidemoldings off my car for a cleaner look. Has anyone on here done it and are there any drill holes under it? I don't want to remove them and find drill holes, because I removed them from my old truck and there was drilled holes.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Yes, there are holes underneath it. I think that someone before on here wanted to do it but their local shop said it would cost them over $1000. It would look pretty clean though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Im glad I asked before I started removing them.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
actually some of them have holes some dont, no way to really tell which do till you pull them off, if you opened the inside door panels maybe you could see but i doubt it

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
No you have to pull them off to tell. I tried that method and those things are stuck on there with double-sided tape. But the holes are rather large. I drove around with it like that when I was getting my side moldings painted.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Well, look in my avatar. You can see it pretty good. I'll find a pic and put it up on here. Are you asking me if I have springs? I decided that i don't wanna lower my car. Roads around here are bumpy and we have tons of potholes. Plus I take my car off pavement most of the time. And I don't have that kind of money to spend to so it right.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I like the painted moldings. As soon as I can get to it I will do the same, did you paint the door handles, or buy the Tribute ones? Are you going to paint the mirrors?

Since our cars are twins does that make us step bro/sis in laws?

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
LOL. You have an Infrared too?
Naw, I didn't paint or replace the mirrors or door handles. I like just the way they are.

·
The Professor
2,664 Posts
Ashley, your door handles look painted, but you said you didn't replace them. So you just painted them? Also, what kind of prep did you do before painting? Just sanding, or did you use some filler to get them smooth? I am a pretty good painter/ body guy, and I know that I would just try sanding them first, but on my own vehicle, I get really nervous so I like to ask around first.
I kind of like my door handles black, it is just a pain to get the wax off if I make a mistake (an eraser works great!). Also, I'll probably keep my black rocker moldings in order to keep chips at a minimum, but I'll admit that the side moldings look sweet!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Nah, I said I never painted them. They look like I did in the picture but I never did. I took it to a body shop to let them paint them cause I didn't wanna mess it up. They did a reall really good job (as you can see) and the color isn't exactly the same color as the car but it's very very close.
PS: I'm surprised no one said anything about the altezza's but I sold them a loooooooooooong time ago.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Your car looks like Sangria in the pic. If its Infra we arent twins afterall. Oh well, its like on Maury, the DNA test is in "Who be the daddy".

Although its not Sangria, your car still looks nice.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
TwoFocused: I don't think that Sangria or Infrared are close because the Infrared is brighter. Thanks for the compliment.
Tiffany: I got them painted for $70 which was less then what the body shop usually done them for. It was worth it too. They did such a nice job. If you want a body shop to do it then you should go to several and ask what they will charge you to do it. It really helps when you are a girl[:D] Oh, my mirrors aren't painted either. They are black. Just like my door handles. The pic just makes it look like they are.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts