Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried everything but cannot figure out how to reach the top wing nut[mad] . Any help would be appreciated. Its a 2003 hatch back.Got the lower wing nut off and the philips screw but i don't see any way to reach that top wing nut[scratch] .thanks

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Mines an '04, but as I recall there is only the one nut, the top one is basically a nipple/rubber plug press fit. If you pull straight back on the light, firmly but smoothly it should pop off. Unless of course, yours really is different than mine and there's a nut up there....
Hang out, I'll go look at the original lights I pulled off...

Edit 1: Oops, mine had the nipple on the bottom and the wing nut above... now I need to take a quick run out to the car... dang, I don't remember it being hard...

Edit 2: All I have - right under where the package shelf sites is the wing nut (if you found a Philips screw I don't remember it - on the outside under the light maybe? Not going to run out again). Anyway, on mine that wing nut is it, it's the only one.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
what they said! i thought there was something else holding that top in and there wasnt i just pulled harder lol

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
hmm...mine were pretty easy to take off. I mean they were on tight from the factory but I mean they are just plastic "wing" nuts...they can't be on to tight. On a 2006, there should be 3 of them. Once all three are removed, the whole brake light assembly should just slide right out.

·
Registered
733 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts