Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Group,
I am having a Flowmaster Stainless Exhaust Tip installed tomorrow (6/16) on our ZX4. I was thinking of having the rear muffler & tailpipe removed to install the tip. Have it replaced with pipe, and the tip. Will this radically alter the sound of the exhaust, or just make it sound midly aggressive?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
i bought my focus without the rear muffler, its not loud, but you can hear it and it does sound aggressive. almost like the svt exhaust

·
Registered
613 Posts
it sounds much better and if a shop charges more than 25$ to do it
go elsewhere

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is what I was thinking.....that it would sound louder, and more aggressive.
My wife will like that...

Here is the tip I got for the car...

·
Registered
90 Posts
is it true the ST doesn't have the launchbox? and if so could you just get the rear peice off an ST and bolt it onto where ever it goes back to?

Jake

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the tip installed today, and had the "lunchbox" removed.
I like the improvement....sounds much better.
Looks much better too!!!
I will get pics tomorrow after I have the windows tinted!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Check it out:

The windows are 35% front / 20% on the rest.

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Looks awsome.....! How much did they charge you to take the lunch box off?
Your window tint looks great. One clean looking Focus.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Godzukidan said:
Looks awsome.....! How much did they charge you to take the lunch box off?
Your window tint looks great. One clean looking Focus.
Thanks...my wife loves her car...
Now she loves it more.

The place (Tri-State Muffler) charged me $50 to remove it.
They cut the pipe halfway up the trave over the rear suspension, and clamped on a new piece. Looks stock....
Sounds awesome!!!

I got the tint done by a friend of a friend....2 cars for $300!!!

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Looks great. Tri-State Muffler put on the Flowmaster system on my T-Bird and they also did one for my brothers Mustang GT. They do awsome work indeed. It is good to see another Focus Fanatic form Cincinnati........ Enjoy your Focus !

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Godzukidan said:
Looks great. Tri-State Muffler put on the Flowmaster system on my T-Bird and they also did one for my brothers Mustang GT. They do awsome work indeed. It is good to see another Focus Fanatic form Cincinnati........ Enjoy your Focus !
Thanks!!
I am going to take my 300M there to have them redo my custom exhaust system over the winter. I have put it off to get my custom, high-stall Torque Converter for my Chrysler!!

There ever any Focus related functions around here?

·
Registered
151 Posts
[ hey is it possible u can put a video up here , so i can hear it , im gunna get it done but just in a rush to actually c what it sounds like.

·
Registered
90 Posts
wow I went to a shop and got the EXACT same thing done to my focus today. it does sound decent and isn't loud by any means witch is great!

Jake

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
anubis05 said:
[ hey is it possible u can put a video up here , so i can hear it , im gunna get it done but just in a rush to actually c what it sounds like.
I can try to record a clip with my PocketPC....
Stay tuned!!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I would like to have mine taken off but I have to have e check where i live and that sucks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
homeboyjames said:
I would like to have mine taken off but I have to have e check where i live and that sucks.
I live in Ohio too...
We had E-Check here...it is gone now as of 1/1/2006
But with OBDII cars, all they do is plug into the diagnostic port.
Even if they did a sniffer test, this does in now way remove the emissions controls.

It is just a simple muffler....no more, no less.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Man, I wonder how much that would alter an SVT with a HF cat on it...I HATE that lunchbox......

...sorry about chiming in on a non SVT thread.....but I have a lunckbox too!! [hihi]

Good idea and info [thumb]

yeah, If anyone gets a sound clip, post it here!!!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
what about the ford warrenty i dont think it would void it cause its not changing the motor at all

1 - 20 of 53 Posts