Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out how to get to the rear Ford badge. There are no screws directly behind it (like I expected) but these photos show the closest screws to it. My only concern is that there are identical screws like this around the trunk panel that make me think they have nothing to do w/ the badge. Any help would be appreciated!

This is my only other thought on how to get to the badge.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Why are you trying to remove it?
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm changing the blue to ingot silver, and the chrome to black. Possibly vice versa

·
Registered
366 Posts
I would like a Ford badge, how much you want?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Why are you trying to remove it?
Posted via FF Mobile
to have a "shaved" look. It's common practice to do on the Volkswagen Golf especially.

like so
before

after

If it's anything like the VW emblem, you will need to mold it and repaint it. It's definitely a future mod I would look to do on my Focus.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I don't know for sure but I just took my Ford badge off on my first gen Focus today and it is just a glue on. My guess is that you badge is the same and all you have to do is get behind it with a screw driver and it should come right off without damaging the badge. I have already had mine on and off a couple times and those badges are durable.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a pretty big badge...I'd be surprised if it was just glued on, but maybe I'm wrong.

·
Registered
211 Posts
umm yeah... it's going to leave a very obvious hole where it's supposed to be. not like the 'focus' or 'SE' (etc..) ..I removed the SE badge but I like the look of the "focus" too much

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think cars look so bare without their manufacturer's badge. Definitely don't look "right". Keep the blue oval!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think it's be sweet to change the oval's colours. On my future white ride, black "Ford" and a white oval would be pretty sick...

Anyone have the part number for the badge?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think it's just glued on but there are still holes behind it. but i like the idea of pulling off the SE or in my case the "ZTS." That didn't have any holes behind it did it?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Read my post. I'm trying to figure this out to PAINT IT ... not remove it for good.

^ and why the hell would there be holes behind it if it's just glued on?

·
Registered
81 Posts
haha ??? I have no clue but I was thinking the same thing that's how they were on the zx2 thought it'd be similar.

figured the posts were like a guide to make sure you put it back on straight. maybe the person who had the car before me just glued it back on instead of screwing it on. when i pulled it off there was nothing holding the posts onto the car.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Most all emblems these days are held on with double sided foam tape. Warm it up with a hair dryer and use a piece of nylon fish line to slice the foam. Goof Off works great to remove the remains of the foam and adhesive.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Most all emblems these days are held on with double sided foam tape. Warm it up with a hair dryer and use a piece of nylon fish line to slice the foam. Goof Off works great to remove the remains of the foam and adhesive.
Don't use Goof Off! You take the chance of taking off clear coat and even paint.

Spray WD-40 on a rag and rub the leftover sticky off. It works, and you don't have to worry about fading the paint.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm changing the blue to ingot silver, and the chrome to black. Possibly vice versa
Let me know if you get this to work. I contacted some people on the internet that make custom badges and all of them told me they could change the blue to any color I want, but not the chrome. I want to change the front and rear badge to sterling grey where the chrome is, and black on the inside.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Didn't want to start a new thread but I have a question. Does anybody with a 2nd gen or access to a 2nd gen know if the Ford badges are the same as on the 2012?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts