Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, how do I remove proffesionally done tint?
Candy got the 2 new doors, after car accident and Amanda/LIL PZEV found these doors for me, they came with very nice dark tint. I don't have enough to get it all around, so wanted to remove it.
But how?
With hairdryer? Maybe?

Anyone please help, thanks.

-Carmen

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
huh dunno carm. I'm sure you could prolly use soapy water, but I dunno if a hairdryer would do it considering heat makes it stick...I think...but hey I'm no expert so no clue hun :D

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
A new pack of single edged razor blades, you can peel the tint off, and the glue gets scraped off with the blade.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
yup use razor blade, u could prolly do it right down the middle, then peel it off and as viney said just use blade to remove the gunk

·
Registered
696 Posts
CKA said:
Hey, how do I remove proffesionally done tint?
Candy got the 2 new doors, after car accident and Amanda/LIL PZEV found these doors for me, they came with very nice dark tint. I don't have enough to get it all around, so wanted to remove it.
But how?
With hairdryer? Maybe?

Anyone please help, thanks.

-Carmen

Hairdryer, nail polish remover, lots o' razorblades.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
paint the other windows...lol... sounds like any abrasive chemical and razorblades will do... i say just take a razor blade to the very top corner of the window, then, peel off as much as you can... gonna take a while though.. if i wind up dropping off that rim tomorrow or saturday, i can help you and kev take the tint off there if you want

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
haha yah paint them that would be hilarious ;)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Use some Niteshade haha

Would Windex work to take it off? I know you're not supposed to use it on tint because it will ruin it...

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Goo Gone worked wonderfull.
And once I found a peeling point, I peeled the whole tint off.
Then Goo gone and some Stoner's glass cleaner.
It was done, took 1 hour to do both windows though.

Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Spray the window with windex/409/something with amonia in it , next use a plastic bag and stick it to the tint , the wetness of the agent used will keep it stuck . Walk away and come back in an hour , peel up the corner with a blade and pull the film off . Using this method makes it so the adhesive come mostly off . Once the film is off , look for adhesive and clean it off with the singe edged blade.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts