Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 SFE with the base 4 speaker stereo. I bought a JL Audio Cleansweep, a Sony 4 channel amp and 4 Alpine 2 way component 6.5" speakers. I have had a lot of help from reading posts on here but the only thing I have not found is how to actually take the dash apart and remove the stereo. I know I probably dont have to, but I want to check back there for an aux input jack, because I have the aux button on the HU but no line for it anywhere. I also want to see if its easier to tap into the speaker wires for the Cleansweep there. Any help on how to remove the stereo would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a 2012 SFE with the base 4 speaker stereo. I bought a JL Audio Cleansweep, a Sony 4 channel amp and 4 Alpine 2 way component 6.5" speakers. I have had a lot of help from reading posts on here but the only thing I have not found is how to actually take the dash apart and remove the stereo. I know I probably dont have to, but I want to check back there for an aux input jack, because I have the aux button on the HU but no line for it anywhere. I also want to see if its easier to tap into the speaker wires for the Cleansweep there. Any help on how to remove the stereo would be greatly appreciated.
I removed the side panel on the passenger side based on these instructions:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259875

I used needle-nose pliers to pull the plug out and I didn't even bother reinserting it. This was enough to get access to the wiring harness and the aux USB ports.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
1. Use pick to remove panel above a/c controls on the bottom
side of the radio.
2. Unscrew (2) T-25 torx behind the panel just removed.
3. Use PRT to unclip radio face, unplug and remove.
4. Unscrew (2) T-25 torx securing the radio, unplug and remove.
5. Unscrew (4) T-25 torx securing the screen, unplug and remove.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts