Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I installed the Halo HID kit into the focus. There is some led lights above the two main bulbs. I was thinking about removing them or disconnecting them. Anyone know how? I have a feeling that with the led's lit up that it will give LEO a reason to pull me over. Also should I disconnect the halo lights also? The main reason I purchased them were the old lens's were fogged up and useless. [poke] At least it looks better with new head lights installed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys. I just removed them from the assembly and put electrical wire around them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sniperx, I seen allot of people said their not much better then stock. I have a much better night vision with the led's in or removed. I can't speak for others, but I know I noticed quite a bit of difference.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Mike, why would the LEO pull you over for those LEDs? Audis have them stock so what would they pull you over for?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They pull you over for anything here. As far as how long they last? I bought them used from someone for 75.00, he had them for a year 1/2. No problems so far.

·
Registered
675 Posts
They pull you over for anything here. As far as how long they last? I bought them used from someone for 75.00, he had them for a year 1/2. No problems so far.
I like the way they look and here in NM they don't pull you over for driving a 1967 pickup with one tail light, one headlight and being drink so you can get away with some leds! I am just curious about the light output form the headlights being better or at least the same as stock.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SniperX, I just thought about something. I couldn't exactly tell you an accurate estimate of how much better they are then stock because my factory head lights were fogged and dirty. I can tell you after installing these I can actually see the road so much better. It's like I have hd vision now compared to the fogged factorys.

·
Registered
675 Posts
SniperX, I just thought about something. I couldn't exactly tell you an accurate estimate of how much better they are then stock because my factory head lights were fogged and dirty. I can tell you after installing these I can actually see the road so much better. It's like I have hd vision now compared to the fogged factorys.
I guess if I find a set cheap like you did I will pick them up and see how I like them. How did you get that bottom mount bolt out? The one on the bottom (hidden one) on the headlight bucket? I actually have a cherry non foggy set of stock lights that look almost new and mine WERE foggy. BUT I cleared them up to like new with a kit I had laying around so have not changed tham out. I guess I'll sell my clear stockers and look for a set of those like yours.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts