Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I would restart this topic on the new forum since the old one isn't getting much attention anymore.

Anyone removed the tin heat sheild from their header? If so did you notice any ill effect such as elevated coolant temperature or extremely hot hood?

Thanks
ODG

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
the under hood temps are very noticeable without the heatsheild. take it off and give it a try...if you don't like it, throw it back on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Speed before Style , because Speed is always in Style

President of ARFOA (anti-riced foci of america) less show, more go!"

I'm down with that, where do I pledge? ;-)

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
lol...no need to pledge...just throw it in the sit, its nice to see many go down the "right" track [:)]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Besides powdercoating, what are the other alternatives for the header? And, if I want to wrap the header with that shield wrapper, do I have to take the header out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
wrapping ios not a good idea, they crack even without wrap.....you might want to try header socks, the are them same type of material as the wrap, but fit somewhat loosely to allow expansion of the piping, but a jethot or ceramic coating is the best way to go IMO.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I took mine off. It is a little hotter, so I got some Header Jackets. I was going to get it Jet-Hot coated, but after talking to several other New England SVTf owners with the Jet-Hot, I decided not to. It begins to chip and flake within the first year, and although it is warrantied, who the hell wants to uninstall, ship it out to them to be re-coated, and then re-install it every friggin year? No way. The header jackets are not tape, and they allow expansion etc. The hood temps dramatically decreased after I got them. It comes in a roll, and you can cut the length of each primary. Covers just about all of each one, almost 2 feet.

·
Registered
117 Posts
removing your heat shield make the fans and all the plastice parts that are close heat up over time it would become britle i would also think you would be risking the paint on the hood bubbling or cracking the paint from the heat. That could be a loat of cash

1 - 9 of 9 Posts