Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not handicap I swear! I can't get the plug out of the harness. It's not rocket science right? Push down on the piece which should make it loose, then pull. Well I got impatient after they wouldn't come out. I reached for a screw driver to pry out. Still nothing. I just received my Spyder Projector LEDs and want to get them in. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mine weren't wanting to budge either but I just had to pull reallllly hard the first time. After that they seemed to have loosened up a tad.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Use silicon grease on the O rings before you plug em back in. Will seal them better and stop them sticking cos they are dry

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
A little word of advice...just be careful that the outer clips that the assemblies screw into don't pop off. I had a fun time digging for one that fell down into the aero shield.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure what you're talking about when you say outer clips. Looks like I'm going to need some pliers to get them off. They aren't moving at all!

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
There are two screws that hold each headlight housing in place. The inner screw near the grill then the outer screw by fender. The outer screw screws into a small clip that wraps around the sheet metal. The screw fastens to the metal clip and not the sheet metal itself. The metal clip is not fastened to the sheet metal at all. It's a loose piece once the screw is removed. I meant to say housings and not assemblies in my original post.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh okay right. Yeah those screws are placed somewhere safe each time lol My problem is I tried to use a flathead to push down the clamps and the part that sticks up cracked off so the pliers are going to need to work.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Don't use screwdriver. Push down until you hear a click. My son figured it out in two seconds. I fought with it for 30 minutes. Im slow lol. The biggest PIA is the yellow marker lights! That was a freaking chore.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yea the parking lamps are quite a pain to get. I basically used a small, long flathead to catch on a groove on the socket to help me twist it loose. The rest are simple.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts