Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having trouble removing the center grill (with Ford emblem attached, for reference) from the bumper. I don't know what the deal is, but the stupid tabs holding it in just won't release from the bumper. Also, if anyone has done this specifically on a 2012 model, I'm curious to know exactly how many tabs are holding it on. There's four that I can clearly see, although it feels like the middle (beneath the emblem) is also attached, but I can't see where or how.

Are there any tricks or special tools that will make this easier? Especially before I start breaking stuff...

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Moved to Ford Focus Non-Performance Discussions>Third Generation Focus. Ford Focus Technical Chat is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls. Thanks for posting!

I wonder if Helms Manuals have showed up on Ebay for that car yet or not. That's the best manual to get, and it would tell you how to remove body parts- at least the one with body and engine. There's a separate electrical manual, and both are about the size or phone books. I think mine for the 05 is like 800 pages. If you buy directly from Helm Inc, then it will cost you $150ea, if you can get them on Ebay it's more like $50.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I wanna get a custom grill too with metal instead of the plastic for the front black portion. let us know if you have any success taking it off!

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm of the opinion that taking the grill off will require taking the bumper off as well. It's just too hard to get to the clips holding it on without it being off the car.

In either event, I'll just have to paint it while on the vehicle. Not desirable by any stretch of the imagination, but it is what it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts