Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Focus DAW 1.8tdci 74kW | 2003
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Is it possible, to remove gear lever's reverse lock from my gear lever? I have open the central panel covers, and see, there is something like plastic block, which prevents you to place reverse, while the lock is in down position. Could something wrong happened, if I remove the whole plastic block with reverse lock? The reason is - I would like to change lever's knob.

Thank you ;)

·
Registered
613 Posts
What year is the car and do you have photos of the shift knob? Cause it's a little different from the 00/02 focuses from the 02.5/11

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thx for reply. The cars is year 2003, full car info is in my signature

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hi, thx for reply. The cars is year 2003, full car info is in my signature
Ahh I'm on Tapatalk so I don't see a signature.

It's super easy on those. Knob off. Shift boot off.
There's a tab on the verry center back gently push and lift up as not to crack the two brittle front tabs.
There are two bars holding the reverse lockout collar to the actually part that goes up and down.
Gently pry those off from the most bottom part. . And the collar is ready to slide off. Then take the bottom block and pull up and rotate it 180 degrees. Push it down it won't go anywhere and boom you can use a shift knob that has a integrated boot collar.
Or you can always leave the reverse lockout part and remove the bars for it to be disengaged.

I do say removing the shifter and taking the block out is the best but be careful the part the shift linkage hooks onto has a screw to remove that can strip (metal screw in soft plastic.)

So the easy way out is just fine. And super easy to reverse if you sell the car.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem resolved. Very simple, as you write above :) now I can install any gear knob. Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts