Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know it is not a mod when I am trying to replace a cracked fog lamp on a 1999 UK model but I am buggered if I can figure out how to get it out!

I got the electrical connector off and the spring clip thingy on the inboard side but cannot get the other end to come out. There appears to be some sort of grey clip too but cannot work out how to remove it...

Anyone help please or have online instructions somewhere!!

Cheers guys

Jim[8D]

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Well i don't have a uk model but maybe this will help.On my zx3 there are spring clips on the inword side of the lamp.On the outword side there are clips.What you have to do on my version is work the inword side out and pull on the lamp and it should pop out.Now that is how you do it on my us model ,but may be that will help. Sorry.By the way i see that this is your first post.[welcome]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Slammedfoci[:D]

Super mate! Worked a treat! The trick is to remove the black surround for the bulb too...or rathrer release it first and then give it a good yank to get the ball out of the socket on the offside.

Once you know HOW to do it it is very easy but I was frightened about breaking the offside as at the time I could not see it - your advice was invaluable!

Oh and thanks for the welcome - As Arnie says - I WILL be back!!!

Cheers

Jimi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts