Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today after I finished cleaning my Mom's car I had both my new microfiber cloths sitting in a bucket of water. My younger brother who had been helping me though it would be a great idea to take them out and put them on the muddy ground next to the bucket. Now both my microfiber cloths are covered in mud and grass. I managed to get most of it out after quite a bit of soaking, rubbing, etc. But here is still a little bit left. How can I ge the rest out, or should I just replace them?

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
usually anytime my micro fibers touch the ground or get that bad I just junk them or keep them for the wheel wells and engine bay etc...but you could always throw them in the washer...just the 2 micro fibers no towels or anything else.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
M washer doesn't agitate properly, I guess I'll just have to replace them. Grrr, I had just got them an hour before they were thrown on the ground.

Edit: I just had an idea. Do you think drying them completely then using the hand attachment on a vacuum cleaner to suck out the dirt would work?

·
Registered
397 Posts
ditch them for use as wheel well or engine bay rags like said above. You will never get the junk from being on the ground out and they will just end up swirling your paint. Proper care of non over contaminated microfiber is a periodic wash and dry. Some suggest actual wash for microfiber towels versus actual fabric soap.

I keep maybe 12-20 microfibers in rotation at any given time for my 3 cars.

·
Registered
383 Posts
griots sells a liquid to use with laundry detergent and it cleans the micro fiber towels really well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts