Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to change the lights in my gauges to blue. I had a 2000 Passat and I loved the blue lights. I know that I cannot change the lights in the radio, but I can get a radio that will closely match. I would like to change the lights behind the gauges and the lights behind the AC controls. Is this possible? How hard is it? What bulbs to I need?

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Here's how one guy changed his gauge lights, but he also put on an Indiglo gauge face:

http://www.jwardell.com/focus/guageslcd.html

Sometimes the lights have a color filter that slips over the bulb, sometimes the bulb itself is colored, and sometimes the bulb is clear and the color filter is built into the hardware so to speak. I dunno which the Focus is. Using this guy's method you could get the gauges to match the VW look, but I dunno about the rest of the dash lighting. Here's the finished product from that link above.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the link SVT4ME, it was very helpful. My next question is how to mod the gauge to the car factory dimmer. Whoever can figre that out will be my friend for infinity and beyond! With all that, my car would look sweeeeeeeeet!

·
Registered
148 Posts
hey ,I tried the '' color tape thing '' and it didn't work, Was my tape to thick? now my lcd is'nt green , it's YELLOW, what do I do !! my next guess was to try with a clear back card with tape????

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey dude, I did the same thing and it turned out completely blacked out. After thinking for a while I desided to use some broken tail light tape. It worked great. It turns out to be a nice pink color, looks really good with my indiglos. Give it a shot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have changed gauge color before with the colored tabs to get to mark office folders with, all it is , is colored plastic tabs, they come with a few colors, red yellow green and blue that i know of, you can get them at any office supply store, i just taped them on. worked awesome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts