1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know very minor thing..
-but-
tried doing it yesterday, unscrewed all the bolts holding it
than when it came time to just simply pull it off it didnt!

i took off the 2 bolts in the front, and the two in the back
the bottom looks like its wedged inbetween the engine mount and engine

do i just cut that part off or am i missing a step??[unsure]

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
are you talking about the cam gear cover or the valve cover that is over the cams

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Ur missing another bolt from the bottom. Don't know exactly where it is because I've never taken it off. I'm 99% sure that there's 5 bolts holding it on.

But I've seen this come up a few times here before. Search around and I bet you anything you can find the info you need.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
ya the engine mount must be removed according to haynes manual...you must also move the coolant tank and power steering tank as well as the drivebelt and drivebelt idler pulley

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well removing the 2 tanks was easy
just one screw for the coolant and popped up the steering fluid tank, easy.

I'll look next time for the fifth screw but if its just the motor mount than i'm just cutting it, just very close to the edge with a singe edge razor so it doesnt look odd

thanks guys!

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
^^I've heard of people doing that, not a bad idea especially if you have adj cam gears and need to make some adjustments on the fly (or not)

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
you shouldn't have to pull anything out. i broke my cover off and then pulled the bolts out the rest of the way.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
so just cut it above the mount that would be way easier i just tols yall what haynes said so yo a will be cutting it will be much less effort for a little wheight drop and make my cam gears look nice when i get them.

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
There are only 4 bolts. If you don't mind breaking it, just pull it really hard till it comes out. If you want to keep it intact, then support the engine and remove the passenger side motor mount.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts