Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I want to take off my brake calipers to paint them. How should I go about this? Should I bleed the brake system through one caliper? If I do that won't there still be fluid in the other lines, and Id have to open them all too? Also, as far as putting the fluid back in, how do I get all teh air out of the whole system? Thanks.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Not worth the effort just to paint them...just mask off all the areas you don't want to get paint on and spray.

If you do remove them, keep the lines elevated to keep fluid loss to a minimum. As long as you don't let enough fluid drain out to get back to the master cylinder, you only really need to flush out the lines you removed, starting with the furthest from the cylinder.

I'm going to assume you know how to bleed brakes?

·
Registered
682 Posts
I didn't mask off anything but the rotor, if you are good with a rattle can or use that brush on stuff you don't need to mask to much. People will probably say i am stupid for not masking off the car but oh well, i wouldn't tell everyone to do this who is not good with painting but if you are used to doing it then you know what i mean.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help...yea i was loking at it the other day and im jsut going to remove the calipers without removing the brake lines...sorta just let em rest on a stand or soemthing while I do them, cause I definately need to remove the brake pads. although I am very good iwth painting, I think my spray gun is a bit excessive. lol so im just going to use the dupli-color brush on kit, Ive heard good things about it. thanks for youre help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts