Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like its next to impossible do I do it from the top or bottom I see the cooling duct is in the way how,hard was it to get it off ?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am going to assume since you are in the car audio forum that you are wanting to install an amp power wire?

If so, go to the battery. Your amp will have more "clean" power if you go to the battery instead of the alternator positive lug. Also, it is waaaay easier to attach to the battery. If you need a pic of the best way to attach it to the battery and a location to run the power wire into the cabin, let me know, I have a thread buried away in the abyss with pics and instructions of where to run the power wire into the cabin. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm on my way to the shop right now. I've never done the big 3 but I will take a look and snap some pics for you.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Posted via FF Mobilewhen I did the Big 3 on my Focus. I followed the original wires to the alt and got to the lug a lot easier from the bottom. But this is on a Duratec too.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
mines a dtec also :)

If its still in the same location as the 07's , you'll be able to get to that nut from the bottom and on mine I had to kinda notch the ring that's on the wire so it would fit down inside the little plastic thing on the alt.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Cut the castle off with a dremel so it is flush.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts