Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any luck removing the Airbag label from the sun visor. I have tried to peal it with fingernails and also tried rubbing isopropyl alcohol on it, no luck. Anyone used a hair dryer?

Has anyone ordered stickers to cover it? Something in the same shade as the visor.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Has anyone had any luck removing the Airbag label from the sun visor. I have tried to peal it with fingernails and also tried rubbing isopropyl alcohol on it, no luck. Anyone used a hair dryer?

Has anyone ordered stickers to cover it? Something in the same shade as the visor.

Sounds like those suckers are really on there... I don't have the answer to your question - But I hope you don't mind me asking -- just out of curiosity --Why do you want to remove/cover up the airbag label?

·
Registered
548 Posts
aesthetics I would assume. My 15 year old car still has the sticker though, they seem very durable.

A friend of mine has this sticker in his 300zx.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Some of us on my T-Bird site did this on our Birds. I used a hair dryer on my Bird but be very careful and don't get the covering too hot. I don't care about the Focus but with the Bird it really stuck out when you had the top down.

·
So mote be it
8,961 Posts
This worked for me, which i guess is the same as using a hair dryer. Although I have not been in a new focus yet, so i dont know if its on there the same.

See my posts here:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260710&highlight=sun

to follow up with that last comment from Jorgy in that thread. thats not a sticky residue or anything, the vinyl is just smoother there -different texture. I can only notice the shape of it when something shines on it just right. Otherwise I pretty much forget I had a warning sticker there and none of my passengers ever notice it. I think the flash on my camera makes it seem more noticeable than it is (took the 2nd picture in complete darkness)

·
Registered
118 Posts
They look a lot better without the label. Besides, the German models don't have any warning labels posted inside the car or the crazy "objects in the mirror are closer than they appear" moniker.

·
Registered
87 Posts
On my 2008 I did a graphic design at the exact size and printed out onto adhesive vinyl to cover. Simple. Cost was less than $6.00. I will be doing the same for my 2012.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't have the file anymore, but it was a black background with a cross hatch in light gray with the text, "Focus SES" on a red horizontal stripe. The medium I used (scrap from other projects) happened to be the same sheen of the visor vinyl. Simple design and it blended into the black visor near perfect.
As my headliner is a lighter colour this time, I'll likely just aim for a close match of that pantone and do, "Titanium" in a silver/grey.
If you do design something with text, I recommend having it readable from the outside, when visor is down.

·
Registered
781 Posts
looks like it's painted on to me. if it's a sticker, i don't see any way of getting it off (and even if you do, you'll probably have a nasty adhesive mess.

had the same issue on a previous car, fortunately someone sold a vinyl decal that covered it right up and matched the color of the visor. hopefully someone will offer something similar for the focus.

·
Registered
4 Posts
looks like it's painted on to me. if it's a sticker, i don't see any way of getting it off (and even if you do, you'll probably have a nasty adhesive mess.

had the same issue on a previous car, fortunately someone sold a vinyl decal that covered it right up and matched the color of the visor. hopefully someone will offer something similar for the focus.
I have used a product call "Goof Off" on my Mercury Marauder and HD F150. It took off the sticker without affecting the visor. You could still discern an outline, but it was much better that than warning staring at you. Considering doing the same on the Focus because I hate Nanny state stuff.

·
Registered
87 Posts
On the 2012 US build it is laminated (bonded), not a sticker and you will not be able to remove by pealing. Chemicaly, perhaps, but why? Cover it.

My project is near underway.
FYI I use these mediums for small projects at home, http://www.papilio.com Is great for smaller custom pieces of art or typography on the inside or exterior of your car.

I'll post some results after a few design drafts.... but I am crazy busy in the next two weeks.
My I can only do a pantone match of my vehicle with colormeter or cards. If anyone can offer up the colurs of the other interiors, I may do a couple for people... time permitted.

·
Registered
212 Posts
You could always just take them off and cover them with seude.Any upholtery shop could do it also.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I don't know about he buttons but the mirrors couls probably be snapped back into place after it is wrapped. maybe the same with the buttons. The seude gets glued on with contact cement, so maybe go around them?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts