Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did this mod, and i like the sound i get above 3000rpm, but im concerned about any ill effects this might have, i.e. decreased fuel economy, debris entering, how safe it is in bad rain etc. Anyone gots the info?

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
If debris does enter it shoud be fine as the hole is below the filter. I just had some really heavy rain today and it was fine. I can't say for sure about fuel economy, but i'm sure it does decrease it a bit due to us wanting to hear that sound more and more, and it "making" us rev the engine higher than what we would probably do.

---Randy

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured the gas mileage would go down doe to the fact that its sucking in slighty more air thereby slightly upping fuel injection...i just didnt know by how much

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
There is no other affect of this mod EXCEPT the extra sound. You are perfectly safe from rain, and any debris that might enter. Gas milage should stay the same unless you get lead foot syndrome!

Jon

·
Registered
136 Posts
i need to know how to do this mod because i purchased a can (i know most of you dont like the ricer look) and its not as loud as most so if i could get a pic of where this resonator is, it would help out extremely thanks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
is it only on certain models or i guess itd be better to ask if it is in the zx3? and is there anything else to do to increase the sound, cause i have heard of people taking off what appears to be the cat under the car?

·
Registered
34 Posts
the "can" wont ad much sound due to the restrictive cat, i have yet to take mine out but i am putting a turbo in and hope to gain some attention from the turbo spooling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts