Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i tried removing the air bag cover (to paint it) and after much stress and cursing. i managed to get half off (the part close to the passenger). getting the other half of is posing to be quite a problem because i can't force anything under that side or even see what i'm supposed to do. i gave up today and tried to push it back down, but it won't go back down! can anybody help me with this? i wouldn't even really mind sawing the durn thing in half and go buy a new one from ford, paint it and reinstall it. i'm hoping to find a way to do finish it without going that route. any help appreciated. i'd post a pic, but it's late and raining outside

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ok , on some models, there 2 bolt under the air bag, you have to get the glove box off, and there way up the back behind the air bag, tought one !!!!

On the other models they just pop off like the front one, be carful not to bend the cover, it's metal coverd with plastic

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, i'm alright, nothing exploded[:p] i finally got it removed and painted. it's been back on for about a week now (had more important things to do...prepare for exams). i wasn't in any danger of setting of the charge, i'm not that stupid [8]

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hehe, me too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts