Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 05 ZX3 and im trying to install my amp and rca converter but I dont know how to take out the stock cd changer. It does not have the 4 holes to use the U shaded radio removal tool. I dont wanna use a flat head on the thing so does anyone know the correct way of removing it? Thanks in advance

(RESOLVED)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I am actually going to be removing this soon...for Christmas I'm going to be getting a new HU...any input from you and how you do this would help!

I have not pulled apart the radio in my focus yet but I can't imagine it being that difficult

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
The bezel just snaps in.....there are six pins around the edges. Start at the upper right with a very thin flat blade about 1" wide, like a small puddy knife. Don't use a screw-driver. You can put a piece of plastic behind the blade to lever against without touching the dash.

You have to pry out the bezel, a little at a time....carefully. Disconnect the lighter plug and let the bezel hang down. Then you have access to the screws that hold the audio unit onto the frame. Not too difficult...

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
take the little cubby hold thats under your bezel out... stick your hand behind the HVAC controls and give it a little push (maybe kinda a hard push but be careful) that gets rid of a bunch of the clips... then just carefully wiggle the top 2 loose... unhook the cig. lighter orange plug and unplug your HVAC controls... set the bezel aside and you should have full access to take the HU out...

hope that helps, thats how i get my bezel out every time its simple and works well

·
Registered
259 Posts
use a putty knife and pry outward one corner at a time, its super simple. and since our dash is made of a hard textured plastic, its difficult to scratch. really this should take you less than 30 seconds to get off. once the panel is off you have four 7mm screws holding the radio in, take the screws out, and thats it! the new ford vehicles are some of the easiest radios to install these days!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks alot guys for all your help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts