Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to install after market seat heaters in the front seats but I can't find any guide explaining how to remove the seat covers.

It's about the mk1.5 Focus without leather interior.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I meant a guide to remove the cover of the seat, not specificly how to install the heated seats.

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
If like the earlier models they do not intend for the covers to come off at all. Meaning no guide, you are on your own. BTDT, watch out for the upper back where it necks in, that one will send most screaming in total madness. You can reinstall there in five seconds but just try to get it apart, most seats get destroyed trying to do it. Slow going, wide open eyes and PATIENCE will get you far further than any guide will. Cover does not remove in any simple fashion, rather you WILL be upholstering there. At that car age you can well expect torn foam bolsters and cracked seat back as well. The seat backs crack all apart on these from very thin sheetmetal combined with welding that makes for stress risers that promote cracking. They only anchor to pivot on one side, the offloading on the other side is what cracks them up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts