Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Focus 1.6 Auto Estate Ghia 2003.
I need to replace the rear passenger electric window unit but am unable to work out how to release the glass from the plastic catch that holds it in place.
There is a plastic peg through the glass and I cannot work how to release it, it looks as though it has inner plug with a slot in the side of it.
Thanks for looking [chair]

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. I just replaced 3 of the regulators on my car. Two rear and drivers front. All of them release the same way. It took me a while to figure it out and after hunting for a while I found the answer. Let the glass down until you can see the round opening in the center of the plastic retainer that the glass sits in thru the hole in the upright of the regulator. I used about a 10 in long by 1/4 inch flat ended punch and just tapped out the center peg in the retainer. Once this peg is removed the window comes right out. When installing the peg back in be sure the tapered end goes in first and just tap it back into place with the punch. The only way to see this peg is looking thru that hole in the regulator. Hope that helps you. Kars

1 - 2 of 2 Posts