Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove the front foam to mount my intercooler and I was wondering how to get the foam off and still be able to reuse it once I have the intercooler mounted.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
It just pulls off. You may have to take the bumper off, but I would think you'd have to have it off to istall the ic anyway. But it just has a tiny bit of glue on it.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
once u take it off, i breaks the peiceo n teh back of the foam. but you still can use it, jsut make a strap out of zippy ties and throw it back on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Take off the bumper and it will most likely just pop right off, if the car was buit on a good day it probally has one bead of glue down the center. If it was built on a bad day two globs of glue on each end. you should put it back on when you're done because it keeps the bumper from shaking and makin a ton of noise at high speed

[drinking] [hatchet]

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm well i dont see any glue holding it on, instead there are two large rivets holding it...I think im just gonna cut some of the foam to mount my ic. I dont feel like drilling them out and then installing new...at least for now.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
yea just do that, but definitely leave it on there as it helps so you dont trash your bumper if you accidentally bump into something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts