Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the front bumper? Is it bolted on? Welded on? It looks like it is bolted on, but I want to know for sure before I tear into the car..

Please note, I am not talking about the front bumper cover (plastic) or the foam absorber. I am talking about the actual painted bumper that is behind both the foam absorber and cover.

Thanks!

[wave]

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I believe that is bolted... i can't say for sure but people do remove that for engine work and such... so i'd assume its removable.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Yes its bolted on, I wanna say like 4 bolts in the middle, and 2 bolts on each side at the fenders.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
It is bolted on - 4 in the middle and 2 on each side, along with a single in each wheel well. You are not going to like that last pain in the ass bolt on each side. It is WAAY the hell up in there.

·
Slow n lifted
10,570 Posts
its bolted. my svt bumper has 3 bolts on each side, one in the fender, as well as two push pin things for the middle.

thats it not sure if the regular bumper has more or less

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
its bolted. my svt bumper has 3 bolts on each side, one in the fender, as well as two push pin things for the middle.

thats it not sure if the regular bumper has more or less
wow.... did you even read the first post... he said the STEEL bumper... not the plastic bumper cover.

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Wow, this woulda been helpful. I thought it was spot welded to the frame on a few spots. Good to know!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My bumper is slightly bent because of an accident and I was wondering, since it is welded on, and I do not have any welding equipment, what might be the best way to straghten it out? I was thinking I might be able to use a BFH to restraighten.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
just wondering, is it ok to drill like 2 or 3 holes in this bar to bolt something on?

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's just great!...I've been reading the previous posts on how to remove the front actual bumper. I've got a 2005 Focus that was involved in a deer collision. Four days before, we decided to drop the comp. to try and help save us some money. Bad Move. Anyway, I'm going to try and repair it myself. While I was taking it apart, I was finding that there were pieces missing...lower radiator support some brackets and other small parts. When I get to the bumper I find that it is spot welded on along with some type of heavy duty putty around the perimeter of the area where the bumper and frame meet. While looking for parts, some websites show front bumper brackets, which mine didn't have. Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure my car was involved in a front end collision pryer to my ownership, due to the parts missing and peeling paint from under the hood on upper radiator support. So, does anyone know, since my bumper was welded on, do I need them bumper brackets to re-install the new bumper properly?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts