Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a diy on how to remove the center console including the shifter part. I loosened the two screws towards the rear of the console and it loosens up the console but I still can't remove the console.

·
Registered
63 Posts
There are screws underneath both of the front cup holders and one in the rear cup holder. Then there should be a plastic cover just under the backside of the arm rest. Pop that off to remove the arm rest and the console should come out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i figured it out.. the panels on each side by your feet snap off, which reveals the underneath of the console. I only needed it out far enough to run wires for headrest monitors, and removing those side pieces and the cup holder/power socket was enough for me..With the gobs and gobs of wires running thru the console as it sits, Im not sure removing the entire thing is even an option.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Any progress? I'm needing to get behind the head unit / stereo and have NO idea where to begin. Ugh.[:(]
From the manual it looks like there is a little access panel just above the climate control head (between the stereo and the climate controls), with 2 screws under that and a clip at each top corner. With those lower screws removed and upper clips unseated, all you'll have is wire connectors to look out for after that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
From the manual it looks like there is a little access panel just above the climate control head (between the stereo and the climate controls), with 2 screws under that and a clip at each top corner. With those lower screws removed and upper clips unseated, all you'll have is wire connectors to look out for after that.
Yep. Here's a few links to pictures.
>>
>>
Update:
Figured it out. Here's the links to the images for removing the hex bolts to get behind the head unit.

2 Hex Bolts holding the front console cover on (hiding behind a small plastic snap-off cover):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6827434481/

2 Hex Bolts holding the head unit in place:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6827434549/

And the wiring on the back of the head unit:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6827434625/

·
Registered
217 Posts
Heres the last question, did you figure out the wires for the speakers or is it as stated in the sticky for the speaker wiring?

Thank you for the pics!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Heres the last question, did you figure out the wires for the speakers or is it as stated in the sticky for the speaker wiring?

Thank you for the pics!!!
There's a thread in the electronics/car audio section that has it listed for the Fiesta that apparently matches the Focus. I haven't done my install yet (still figuring out the plan), but it did match the rear passenger door speaker so it may be correct. I'll be sure to post a full write up when I buy and install everything for my '12 hatchback.
Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
anybody know how to remove the cupholders in a 2012 SEL? doing a wire run for a custom iphone dock and I need to drill a hole in the little ash/coin tray in front of the cupholders

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't get the side covers off the center console. There is a round plastic button on each side cover (with a tiny hole in the middle) that doesn't seem to want to come off. I'm pulling pretty hard but it looks like if I pull any harder the plastic is going to break, I can see it discoloring from pulling on it.

Any suggestions on how to get the side covers off?

Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts